flames of perseverance
be thy side, fanning thy aspirations
no goal there is
unreachable, let go of fear
spread thy wings of will power
the green lands on the other side know thy strength
plunge into the depths of uncertainty, opportunity awaits thee
no territory unconquerable
shed thy apprehensions, and take
the flight of a lifetime…
In moments of rejection
my heart paves a path
through unseen doorways and unseen alleys;
my eyes look for a distant gleam
beyond the sea of uncertainty;
my legs want to run, and run
from the pointlessness of being and not living;
my mind weaves intricate webs,
concocting ideas I could not thin before;
my soul begins to break,
transform into moments of transience
as I take a deep breath,
and dive into the well of endless opportunities…
be like the light,
in spring, in fall…
inspired by Rumi’s quote
When the light returns to its source, it takes nothing of what it has illuminated.
A compilation of thoughts from the book ‘Aleph’ written by Paulo Coelho which I read the last month. Each one looks bland at a cursory glance, but carry profound depth of meaning. A healthy food for one’s mind to ruminate on…
1. That’s funny. I’ve been trying all my life to find out what my limits are and have never reached them yet.
2. We always try to interpret things in accordance with what we want and not as they are.
3. That is what marks out the warrior; the knowledge that willpower and courage aren’t the same thing. Courage can attract fear and adulation, but willpower requires patience and commitment.
4. The light falls only on the stranger.
5. We should not judge ourselves too harshly.
6. If I had to give you one piece of advice, it would be this: don’t be intimidated by other people’s opinions.
7. Life is the train, not the station.
8. If you rely only on experience, you’ll simply keep applying old solutions to new problems.
9. No man is a prophet in his own land.
10. Suffering comes from desire, not from pain.
11. It’s one thing to describe a situation and quite another to experience it
12. Sometimes you have to travel along way to find what is near.