Of all the social networking sites, I remain most active on facebook, instagram and wordpress. I have been active for the longest time on facebook. It has been 5 years now and I still cannot think about the psychology of majority of facebookers. What do they exactly want from facebook? Why are they on facebook? It makes me wonder why sanity takes a U-turn everytime I step out on a quest. People amaze me!
1. Facebook never taught anyone to post his/her selfie and then tagging along 50 of his/her friends. Is some kind of race going on here? The race to get maximum likes?
2. Facebook never taught anyone to flaunt about his/her belongings and then again tagging along everyone, so that everyone notices it. Grow up, pal! Take some pills. You have attention seeking disorder.
3. Facebook never taught anyone to go on posting Good Morning, Good Evening messages which again comes with an improvised version bearing hefty tagging. Take a chill pill, mate. Do some work. Read something. Go on a walk. It will benefit more compared to these greetings.
4. This one is a lamer version of the previous one. So hold your breath.
Facebook never taught anyone to post statuses like, ‘Hi! How are you?’, ‘How am I looking?’ along with a photo, et cetera et cetera. I mean, seriously, has this world done something terribly wrong with you?! Please don’t take revenge. I surrender _/\_
5. Facebook never taught anyone to post his/her photo in full swag with a very philosophical quotation on it. It looks like cherry on top of a chapati! Do something original, buddy!
The list can further be added with a number of points. But it is not the point here. The point is why people do this. Is man becoming narcissistic? Going on praising oneself in whatever ways he/she finds?