Two minutes silence for all the characters who have ever died in books.
Only a reader can feel the loss of a fictional character. It is as if a part of himself/herself has died with the character. Books offer its readers new places to dwell…or to dwell forever. It is, for him/her, the only permanent home because he/she knows that books shall forever be with him no matter what. And he can anytime recline in the comforting pages of the book.
And so imagine the nightmare when one discovers his favorite book missing! Like this, several things can annoy any reader…
1. When you discover that your bookmark is missing from the book in your hand and you find your world turned upside down.
2. When you receive a call from your friend informing that he has lost your book, and you have to say, ‘Ohh…it’s not a problem’ when inside you feel like killing him.
3. When you are just about to start reading a great book, and at the same time someone asks you for borrowing that same book, and you are in a dilemma whether to reply with a blunt NO or give in with a heavy heart.
4. When you are going through a serious moment in a book, and your parents call on you for doing some household chore.
5. When a much awaited book is out and you are unable to buy it immediately because of lack of funds.
6. When you want to discuss about a book you have just finished with someone and you discover that everyone else is ignorant of the nail-biting journey you have been through.