Life is not a recipe.
Life has a taste, more subtle than it feels at a cursory glance. Life is a desert, and the oases of your wisdom and skills are the reserves of bountiful happiness. Your task is to harness these reserves. From what I have gained from personal experiences, I would like to share with you.
1. Never regret on your own decisions. Never say ‘why I did it this way?’. Remember, you had your reasons back then to act that way.
2. Always act reasonably, and it will empower you with self-confidence.
3. Listen to what your voice is saying. Don’t get swayed easily by the opinions of others. It is your life. It is solely you who has to bear the consequences of your decisions.
4. Always be ready to face bad times. Life is an imperfection in the hands of learning minds. 🙂
5. Be free of prejudices. Just because someone has a certain tone of speech, a certain way of dressing, a certain way of walking, or is coming from a certain sect, it doesn’t justify your defaming that person just because your mind is thinking in a certain way about him/her.
6. Don’t go on whining about your life being ungrateful to you. You are not born to crawl.
7. Have confidence on your skills.
8. It doesn’t matter if you have still not decided what you want to become in your life, even if you are in the late 40s or 50s. Life is an experiment where, unlike the faulty education systems, hardly anyone fails.
9. Don’t ever let a failure become a stigma for you. You only fail when you give up.
10. Don’t let your passion die, ever. If you like to dance, dance. If you like to sing, sing. Pursue your own dreams, not your neighbor’s.
11. Don’t strain your mind over a train of petty thoughts like how much you would be earning after 5 or 10 years, what will become of your life, et cetera et cetera. In only present is it worth living.
12. 90% of the fear is because of your own thoughts. Its imaginary. You fear only what you don’t know.
13. Don’t feel depressed if some of your wishes are not fulfilled. Life is a heartbreaking journey. Make sure you always carry a pillow of self-comfort with you.
14. Don’t live just to possess material things. It will only burden you with anxiety. The material things are there for your material needs, not to bring your life to a standstill in the shadow of comfort.
15. Never fool yourself. Deep down somewhere, you know what you are and what you truly possess. You can pretend on else’s face that ‘I am so and so’ or ‘I know this and this’ but your spirit will keeping poking you for the lies.
16. Life is not a competition. Don’t imitate others. Write your own story. Drink your own accomplishments.
Certainly, life is not always a bed of roses, nor is it always bunch of thorns.
Dream. Pursue. Cherish. 😉
p.s. – self composed.