A compilation of thoughts from the book ‘Aleph’ written by Paulo Coelho which I read the last month. Each one looks bland at a cursory glance, but carry profound depth of meaning. A healthy food for one’s mind to ruminate on…
1. That’s funny. I’ve been trying all my life to find out what my limits are and have never reached them yet.
2. We always try to interpret things in accordance with what we want and not as they are.
3. That is what marks out the warrior; the knowledge that willpower and courage aren’t the same thing. Courage can attract fear and adulation, but willpower requires patience and commitment.
4. The light falls only on the stranger.
5. We should not judge ourselves too harshly.
6. If I had to give you one piece of advice, it would be this: don’t be intimidated by other people’s opinions.
7. Life is the train, not the station.
8. If you rely only on experience, you’ll simply keep applying old solutions to new problems.
9. No man is a prophet in his own land.
10. Suffering comes from desire, not from pain.
11. It’s one thing to describe a situation and quite another to experience it
12. Sometimes you have to travel along way to find what is near.